#GISTAF Volume: 3 – The Finale
Ugh… I failed and broke my word, two things I’m not proud of.
I literally had every intention to have this published on Friday or Australia’s Saturday, (you know time zones and all that shit?) yet life got in the way again.
My Saturday ended up consisting of 10 hours of hard laborious work of moving over 200 (I wish I was exaggerating) wheel barrows full of crusher dust into my backyard from my driveway so we could finally landscape our backyard. Lets just say fun wasn’t exactly a word being thrown around yesterday and my body is feeling pain in places I didn’t even knew existed!
That being said damn am I feeling grateful!
It’s been a hard couple weeks for no particular reason, just had that trapped feeling coming through real bad and it’s been hard to keep it quiet.
But instead of just reflecting on the week that has been, I’m taking the time to step back and look at 2013 as a whole for the final post of the #GISTAF series!
Where To Start
Honestly, I’m not exactly sure so I’m just going to write and let it all come out.
In 2013 I have accomplished and feel extremely grateful for the following:
- Clearing $13,000 personal debt.
- Moving into the house my partner and myself got built after 11 long months.
- Picking up two sponsors through my BMX riding.
- Having a new family member join us – my Cavoodle puppy Ramsay.
- Running my first 15 Kilometers in a Melbourne running event.
- Getting promoted in the 9-5 (Not necessarily what I want, but got to make as much as coinage I can while I’m in the 9-5 right?).
- Starting and maintaining a blog (Yeah I’m talking about this one).
- Being ready to celebrate another 12 months passed with my beautiful girlfriend (3 years on Christmas day).
- Learning more about myself and the future I wish to create each and everyday.
- Feeling stuck, upset, frustrated and hopeless but not giving up.
- Putting out my first solo riding video seen here.
- Getting my Dad to start exercising with me and drinking less.
- Smiling at least once everyday.
Yeah, I’m Feeling Grateful
For every difficult day and for every perfect day that has come through out 2013;
I have managed to keep pushing towards my goals, find accomplishment and set myself up to reach new heights.
While I still feel so far away from the goals I need to accomplish in order to live the life I want each and every day – as I take the time to reflect on 2013 it really does show in the 12 months that have passed I really did get quite a lot done and should be a little proud.
This exercise #GISTAF has given me a chance to really focus on my accomplishments rather than feel the frustration of not achieving my next set of goals and also the chance to really appreciate those around me who do support me and my journey.
For that I am forever thankful and all I can think is….
Bring on 2014.
What has 2013 brought for you guys and girls? What are you truly grateful for that happened this year?